700

I can't believe this is post number 700!  I am aware that I have paid tribute to this lady before but seeing as how my 700th post happens to come on the 27th anniversary of her passing I can't think of anyone else to remember.

Born: January 27, 1921

She appeared in such classic films as Shadow of the Thin Man, It's a Wonderful Life and From Here to Eternity.  On television from 1958 to 1966 in "The Donna Reed Show" she became perfectly identified with the image of what a classic television mother should be.  After the show ended in 1966 she appeared in a few television films in the 1970's, appeared on "The Love Boat" and then made her final acting appearance as Miss Ellie Ewing Farlow in 24 episodes of the prime time soap "Dallas" during the 1984-1985 television season. 

She passed away on this day in 1986 at the age of 64 - taken from us much too soon!  I've said this more than once since beginning this blog almost five years ago....

In Memoriam Remembers:
Donna Reed


Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Cast of "Make Room for Daddy" / "The Danny Thomas Show" (583)

Doris Packer (May 30, 1904 - March 31, 1979)