Remembering Two Great Actors!

I am so proud to say this....this is In Memoriam's 300th post! 300 posts......my God I remember starting this in June 2008 just on a whim...and here we are almost 2 yrs later. And some of you out there have been with me from the very beginning. Well I can't wait to start the next 300...now on to business. It has been 5 yrs since the great Eddie Albert passed away. I remember where I was when I learned of his passing...I was in Jamestown, NY attending Lucy-Desi Days at the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center and I was down in the hotel lounge having some cereal and a bagel and when I tured the corner, my dad who was already seated, pointed up to the giant flat screen TV that had Mr. Albert's photo on it and the annoucement of his passing... He was born April 22, 1906... His film career included but is not limited to - The Fuller Brush Girl, The Longest Day, Brother Rat, Strange Voyage and You Gotta Stay Happy... On television he headed up his first television series in 1952 entitled "Leave it to Larry" opposite Ed Beagley who played his father-in-law. Some of his guest appearances include "Studio One", "Suspense", "Lights Out", "Playhouse 90", "McCloud", "The Love Boat", "Here's Lucy", "The Golden Palace", "General Hospital" and "Falcon Crest." He will never be forgotten as the only sane citizen of Hooterville on the rural CBS sitcom "Green Acres" from 1965 to 1971. His wife was played by Eva Gabor and other cast members included Frank Cady, Hank Patterson, Tom Lester and Barbara Pepper just to name a few... At the time of his passing on May 26, 2005 he was 99 years old... A wonderful performer and an even greater man... In Memoriam Remembers: Eddie Albert Another actor I want to recognize is the great John Wayne...he was born on this day 103 years ago. He left us on June 11, 1979....and it would be impossible for me to cover all of his great credits from a career that spanned seven decades. Interestingly enough Mr. Wayne shares a birthday with actor James Arness who took the lead role on the TV western "Gunsmoke" after Mr. Wayne turned it down. Mr. Arness is still with us at the age of 87... In Memoriam Remembers: John Wayne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Cast of "Make Room for Daddy" / "The Danny Thomas Show" (583)

Doris Packer (May 30, 1904 - March 31, 1979)