Eartha Kitt (January 17, 1927 - December 25, 2008)

Unfortunately this tribute will not cover her entire body of work. She began in more than 25 films between 1948 and 2007. Her sultry voice and stunning style brought the screen to life and also made a dent on the Broadway stage. Her television credits include "The Red Buttons Show", "The Colgate Comedy Hour", "The Nat King Cole Show", "Person to Person", "What's My Line?", "Toast of the Town", "Pantomime Quiz", "That Regis Philbin Show", "The Hollywood Squares", "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson", "Late Night with Conan O'Brien", "Your Show of Shows", "Playhouse 90", "Burke's Law", "Ben Casey", "I Spy", "Mission: Impossible", "The Protectors", "Police Woman", "Miami Vice", "The Magic School Bus", "New York Undercover" and "Living Single." As mentioned above her final film appearance was in 2007 in And Then Came Love. From 2006 to 2007 she provided the voice of Yzma on the animated series "The Emperor's New School." And now a personal story about this lady. As we all know she was the second actress to play the villainess Catwoman on the 1960's television show "Batman." Julie Newmar originated the role and then Lee Meriwether stepped in to substitute for her when a prior engagement made it impossible for her to appear in the feature length version of the series. Well about a year ago I obtained a photo of Catwoman and The Joker and I had it framed in my room. I had already gotten autographs from Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether and so I thought why not round out the Catwoman collection. I sent this photo to her mailing address in Connecticut and waited. The photo came back signed with a perfect signature. On Christmas Day 2008 I logged onto AOL news just after midnight and read that this lady had passed away. If I had waited a month longer I would've missed my chance. She was a true class act... In Memoriam Remembers: Eartha Kitt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Cast of "Make Room for Daddy" / "The Danny Thomas Show" (583)

Doris Packer (May 30, 1904 - March 31, 1979)