September 10, 2007 – September 10, 2009

It has been two years…
I still remember the day I heard the news. I was sitting in the doctor’s office and my bag was on the floor. I had set my cell phone to vibrate, I usually turn it off when I am in with the doctor because of the sign in the waiting room but no one ever calls me so I figured I was safe. Anyway the phone vibrated and the doctor asked if I wanted to answer it and I said no. When I got to my car I played my messages and there was one from my mother. She said she had just heard and she was so sorry…so I called her back immediately and asked in a panic what happened…? And I found out…
She was the greatest dramatic actress that was ever on film, radio or television.
I loved her in the films Stage Fright, Johnny Belinda and How to Commit Marriage… She was marvelous on radio’s “Suspense” program in the episode “Catch Me if You Can…”
And needless to say she was absolutely magnificent as Angela Channing on television’s “Falcon Crest” from 1981 to 1990. She had the best delivery, the best lines, the best clothes and the best attitude. As Angela Channing she ruled over the winery with an iron hand.
She had the best lines: “You know these days I prefer a good book…to people” “You have lived with me all of your life and you still don’t know how dangerous I can be…!” “I and I alone am responsible for the survival of Falcon Crest! It’s my legacy! “Nobody puts me up to anything”
During the 1988-1989 television season she was plagued by poor health and finally had to take a break at the start of the 1989-1990 season. Sadly she was only able to appear in six out of the season’s twenty-two episodes. By the spring of 1990 she was back on the show and her return was long overdue. Her greatness and presents were so missed and so welcomed back…By the end of the run she had appeared in 208 of the show’s 227 episodes…She retired in 1993 after a guest appearance on “Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman.”
Her career spanned seven decades…A gift from Heaven…a true talent and a great lady…
With great love, pride, admiration and thanks…
In Memoriam Remembers:
Jane Wyman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Cast of "Make Room for Daddy" / "The Danny Thomas Show" (583)

Doris Packer (May 30, 1904 - March 31, 1979)