Gale Storm (April 5, 1922 - June 27, 2009)

It is sad to report that another lady from the golden age of Hollywood has left us. Gale Storm, first a lady of film then radio and finally television, left us on June 27th. Between 1940 and 1952 she appeared in 37 films. On television she was a frequent guest on many of the varitey shows of the day. Her appearance include but are not limited to "The Bob Hope Show", "The Colgate Comedy Hour", "Disneyland", "The NBC Comedy Hour", "What's My Line?", "Toast of the Town", "The Dinah Shore Chevy Show", "Robert Montgomery Presents", "Celebrity Playhouse", "The Ford Television Theatre", "Burke's Law" and "The Love Boat." During the summer of 1952 she began playing the title role of Margie Albright on the domestic sitcom "My Little Margie." The show began as a summer replacement for "I Love Lucy" but eventually developed into a regular prime time series. Silent film actor Charles Farrell (1901-1990) co-starred. The series ended in 1955 and the following year Storm began playing the role of Susanna Pomeroy on "The Gale Storm Show." Her co-star this time was silent film star ZaSu Pitts (1894-1963). The series ran from 1956 until 1960. Storm's final acting role was in an episode of "Murder, She Wrote" in 1989. I write this tribute with great sadness.......the stars of yesteryear are leaving us and that makes me very sad. I can say with a lot of great pleasure that I was lucky enough to get Ms. Storm's autograph back in 2003. I wrote to her and she sent me a lovely signed card with an inscription. God Bless her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Cast of "Make Room for Daddy" / "The Danny Thomas Show" (583)

Doris Packer (May 30, 1904 - March 31, 1979)